PROBLEM SOLVING FOR RV WATER TANK GAUGES:
H2F-SM AND H2F-FM
H2F-SM AND H2F-FM
Screen turns on but amount does not change:
- Is the snake at the top of the screen moving when water flows? Normal condition.
- Is water flow in the direction of arrow? Refit sender in direction of flow.
- Teflon tape or something caught in impeller? This can be shavings from holes drilled in the tank at some stage. Remove carefully.
- Have the sender wires been cut and joined? No warranty!
- Try not using the extension lead, if fitted. (remove sender and plug into 1.4mt lead from display and blow into lightly to check)
- Press both buttons at the same time and release, H22 should be displayed. If “H22” is not displayed, keep pressing and releasing the Display button until “H22” is displayed. Wait until the screen turns off and the unit will memorise the setting. This is the correct code for the ½’ sender supplied with these models.
- Screen turns on and snake at top of screen moves but amount does not change. See Item No 6 above.
- Check if Ltr is displayed in the bottom right hand corner. See below to change.
- If your display is out by a large amount it is usually because you have managed to change the sender codes (see item 6 above to reset) the other reason could be it is reading in gallons (see next section), .
- There is a small Ltr or Gal next to the amount displayed to show which mode you are in.
- Disconnect the power (or batteries)
- Press and hold the “PROG” button while reconnecting the power.
- Release the button after you hear the long beep. The display will be switched (from litres to gal, or gal to litres)
- Wait until the screen turns off and the unit will memorise the setting.
- In the unlikely event that this happens, disconnect power, press the "DISPLAY" button to release any holdover charge in the capacitors, wait 30 seconds and reconnect power. Display will reboot and go through self check and restart.
Why isn't my water use being recorded?
- Do not turn display power off until it has gone to sleep (10 Sec.) remaining quantity is only recorded in memory after the display has gone to sleep.
- If you have no room after the pump, the sender can be fitted before the pump. The main reason we stopped recommending it is if you do not tighten all connectors properly and there is a tiny pin hole, air will enter the hose line and the water will drain back into the tank. If the sender is fitted on the pressure side any leaks become obvious. So basically it can be fitted either side of the pump if everything is fitted correctly.
- AA battery models: Batteries fitted wrong way. Remove and replace correctly.
- 12v Models: Connected in reverse. Connect red wire to positive and black to negative.
Screen flashes on when no water is being used:
- This can sometimes happen if the magnet in the sender stops next to the Hall Effect sensor inside the sender unit and there is any slight movement in the RV. Simple solution is to open and close a tap quickly to move the impeller to a different position.
- Another choice is to turn the pump off if the 12v power for the display is coming from the same circuit (this is the recommended power source for the H2F-FM 12v model).
- Another cause of this problem is if the water pipe does not have any water in it and the impeller is free to turn in air. This can sometimes happen if the sender is fitted to the inlet side (suction side) of the pump. In this case turn the display power off. All settings and quantity will be memorised.
- If the sender is fitted to the suction side of pump and there is a slight drop in pressure caused by an old pump (unable to hold prime), air getting into line or severe corrugations could all cause the unit to flash on. This is another reason we recommend the sender be fitted to the pressure side of pump.
- This will happen if the battery voltage drops below 9 volt.
- When quantity reaches 000 or -001 the display will turn red and buzzer will sound.
These gauges have proven to be ultra reliable and if you are still having problems or need help with any of the above instructions please contact us directly as we can normally fix any problems on the phone.
0418 767 967 or email@example.com
Copyright © 2019